What value do Tuesdays actually bring to our lives?
If you ask me--nothing. Nothing at all. It is a garbage day, wasted by many.
- If you're one of the many folks who head to an office Monday through Friday (M-F'ers), you may experience a small sense of optimism on Mondays--a fresh start, if you will. Expectations are lower, especially in the earlier hours of a Monday. We're all giving each other a little more space to recover from the weekend.
- Wednesday is Hump Day! We can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Thursday is Friday Eve! You may still have work to do before you close out the week and head home, but you have plenty of time!
- Friday is Friday, People. Even if you're not an M-F'er, you probably benefit from the euphoria of those who do. Things are a little more relaxed on Fridays too--hello, it's casual day for most of us M-F'ers.
- Holidays rarely fall on a Tuesday.
Tuesday tends to be the day of the week where there are tons of meetings and no excuses. The pressure is ON. Any hope or optimism from Monday burned in a hot, stinky dumpster fire around 4:12 p.m. that afternoon. When you get home on Tuesday night, you probably have to make dinner because leftovers from the weekend are gone. There are probably chores from the weekend that need to be wrapped up or put away or finalized.
There is no rest for the M-F'ers on Tuesday.
I propose that Tuesday be eliminated from the week--it has lost any relevance that it may have had upon it's initiation.
Concerned about your birthday disappearing? What good was a birthday on a Tuesday anyway? It ain't easy to get M-F'ers out of the house on a Tuesday night, what with all that damned work to do.
I know you have questions--I don't have all the answers here, but I'll try.
"You're insane. Who hates a day of the week?"
Ummm, hello??? How many people have you heard of that hate Mondays...?
This person started a change.org petition just to change the name! BABY STEPS.
"Wait--if everyone hates Mondays so much, why wouldn't we get rid of Mondays instead of Tuesdays?"
Then, Tuesdays would just become Mondays and there wouldn't be much of a change. And, as I mentioned before for some people, Mondays offer a fresh start. Some of us need those.
"I'm on board, Heather, but how the hell do we do this?"
I'm glad you asked, imaginary blog reader!
I have no idea. I'm just bitchin' and wishin'.